Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

How To Enjoy Reading Your Bible by Keith Ferrin - my review

How To Enjoy Reading Your Bible by Keith Ferrin is full of tips to help you understand and enjoy reading the Bible. Instead of just reading a few verses or a chapter or two a day, he suggests reading it as you would with any other book, reading it straight through. Lets know God and have a relationship with him instead of just trying to learn about him!

One of my favorite quotes from this book is....
"After all, isn’t that the point? Isn’t our time in God’s Word primarily about spending time with Him? Being with Him. Knowing Him. Sitting with Him. Learning from Him. Laughing with Him. Hanging out with Him." page 5

He has several tips for different books of the Bible for you to start reading along with family or friends, someone you can discuss it with. I have read through his book, and now I am ready to go back and try out some of his tips. This is an easy to read book, which the author suggests that if you follow his tips you will memorize parts of the Bible without even trying! How cool is that? I am anxious to go back and start with some of his suggested tips for reading the Bible.

I will update this review after I have tried some of these tips out and let you know if I have memorized parts without trying.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to get more from reading their Bible.
I received an ARC (advanced reader's copy) from Bethany House for my honest review be it good or bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment