Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Hearts Made Whole by Jody Hedlund - my review

Hearts Made Whole by Jody Hedlund is #2 the Beacons of Hope Series, but it is a great stand-alone book as well. Takes us back in time, to 1865,  and the  Windmill Point Lighthouse in Michigan when the rules for women were so much different than today.  I felt many emotions as I read this book, one that I quickly became involved in the story and couldn't put down! I had not read the first book in the series yet, so yes you can read this one without having read the other. Although I will admit NOW I will be going back to read the others.   Out Of The Storm #.5   and  Love Unexpected #1  


Caroline Taylor is left to take care of the lighthouse and her siblings after the death of her Father. She does an excellent job at it and loves doing it. Then along come Mr. Finck to remind her that this is not a job for a woman, he has hired a man for the job.  Ryan Chambers, a civil war veteran, who has his own set of problems, doesn't really know how to run the lighthouse. Caroline and Ryan help each other, becoming closer to each other everyday. Then mysterious and creepy things start happening, that they can't explain. 

This story is full of drama, suspense, tender moments. It kept me reading into the night as I didn't want to lay it down, yet was disappointed when I got to the end only because I didn't want the story to end. I loved it! The story is also loosely based on a true story which makes it even better. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a good heart-felt read. 

I received an ARC (advanced readers copy) from Bethany House for my honest review, be it good or bad.  Thank you . 


No comments:

Post a Comment