Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Healing Stone by Brock Booher - my review

I enjoyed reading Healing Stone by Brock Booher, set in 1955 Cumberland County, Kentucky. The author brought the picture of this time and place to life in the pages of this book.

 Ezekiel Stone Molony, abandoned in a graveyard as a baby. Found by the sheriff, crying with with a note to give him to the family of Billy & Ada Molony. He doesn't know any more about his birth parents.

 Stone, a 17 year old boy finds he has the gift to heal after he runs over his his dog Rusty with the mowing machine on the tractor.

As he digs into his past, trying to learn who his birth parents are and where does the gift of healing come from, he witnesses corruption, racism, and violence. Leading a somewhat sheltered life up to this point he learns a lot about the these things.   Full of suspense, mystery, some spirituality, fiction with some history thrown in. I cried at some parts, made me really think at other parts, as to how I would handle such a situation.

This was a book I didn't want to put down until finished, then was disappointed that I had came to the end.

I highly recommend this book to all my family and friends looking for an interesting suspenseful read.








No comments:

Post a Comment