Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

My Review of - The Last Bride by Beverly Lewis

I enjoyed The Last Bride by Beverly Lewis. It is book # 5 in the Hickory Hollow Series, but also a stand alone book. It had me hooked from page one until the end, as all of her books on the Amish do.

Tessie Miller & Marcus King elope when her father is against them getting married. Her Father has someone else in mind for her to marry.  They come back and live as singles thinking they can change his mind. Then when a tragedy happens, she is left to face her parents and the Amish Church who all think she needs to confess her sins before the entire Church.

Tessie's sister - Mandy (and husband Sylvan) longs for a baby, as so many of her family and friends have.

Beverly Lewis does an awesome job in writing about the Amish/Mennonites. I have learned a lot about their traditions and believes through her books. The Amish put the will of God in everything they do. Because of the independence I have always had some of their traditions are hard for me to relate too, but I can understand why they believe that way.

I highly recommend this book if you like books about Amish.

I received an advanced copy of this in exchange for my review rather it be good or bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment